‘We spend entire lives unaware of our physical body and mind. Being driven by our urges and desires, we do not realise our true nature of inner peace and silence. We listen to our thoughts as if they were ultimate orders; how to feel… how to act… how to live…’
- Master Yoga Teacher Sharat Arora
Yoga and meditation practice teach us how to overcome bodily discomforts and constant mind chatter, so we are able to go beyond it and start to experience moments of true silence and peace within. The physical aches and pains of the body are distracting to meditation practice and bad posture disturbs us energetically. In this course we will teach participants how to sit in a position that is comfortable for long durations and most importantly we provide a yoga practice focusing on therapeutic aspects, liberating the body from existing tensions. This stabilizes the body and mind to allow you to go beyond it and deepen the practice that leads towards one’s true inner self, transcending both the body and the mind.
Shivani is a Senior Teacher of the Sharat Arora Yoga method, having practised for more than 10 years.
- Morning Asana Class in the Sharat Arora Yoga Method with Shivani
- Tips on how to sit so you can be more comfortable during your meditation
- Asanas to counter-balance the effects of sitting for long periods
- Understanding of how meditation deepens your yoga practice and vice versa
- Afternoon Relaxations sessions conducted by a trained teacher of the Sharat Arora Yoga Method
- Twice daily meditation sessions, each 2 x 40 minute sessions with a 10 minute break in between
- Karma Yoga for each participant
- Seclusion of Nature: (see location below)
- Healthy vegetarian food with vegetables freshly picked from our Organic Permaculture Farm
- We will be storing your phones, tablets, iPods and any other personal devices, as well as books, for the duration of the course
- You may not interact with the other students, including talking, physical or eye contact