What is unique about this Yoga Teacher Training Course?
- The Yoga Master Teacher: you will learn to teach a unique evolution of Iyengar Yoga as taught by a true Master Teacher, Sharat Arora, who has over 40 years of teaching and healing experience with Yoga, of which for 7 years he studied with and assisted Guruji BKS Iyengar.
- Healing Yoga Method: this Yoga method helps to achieve overall wellness and holistic healing of the human body through the correct and aligned practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation.
- Authenticity of Yoga teaching: During this Yoga Teacher Training Course you will learn to teach authentically and intuitionally from your own body. During the first 3 weeks of the Yoga Training which is the 160Hr Yoga Intensive Course you will experience the benefits of a disciplined practice on yourself. Having undergone his personal transformation and experienced the healing power of the Yoga Asanas, you will then learn the details, depth and instruction so that you know ‘how and what’ to convey to others.
- Become a Yoga Therapist: Yoga Therapeutics are an integral part of this Yoga Method and one of the unique featuresof this Yoga TTC. All participants will be given a thorough grounding into the theory and application of Yoga Healing.
- Body Diagnosis: learn how to read people’s psychology from their bodies. Become an expert to see your students’ physical, mental and emotional imbalances by observing their postures in static state as well as in movement. Understand what to do to treat them through Yoga Asanas.
- Advanced Teacher Training: possibility to stay on longterm with the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre and continue your Yoga Teacher Training firstly by observing and then hands-on by becoming as assistant teacher in the Yoga Classes.
- Location: enjoy the silence and roar of nature in a secluded mountainside setting which is situated less than one hour away from bustling cultural melting pot of Dharamshala, McLeodganj and Bhagsu.
- Yoga Lifestyle: This YTT is designed for people who wish to train as a highly skilled Yoga Instructor as well as for those who seek to further their own Yoga Practice by understanding how to teach & correct others.
Yoga Teacher Training, Dharamshala, India
The YTT Course is divided into two parts
Part 1 of the YTT is a 3 week 160H Intensive Course
Part 2 is the 3 weeks of the Yoga Teacher Training
Morning classes will be conducted by Master Teacher Sharat Arora whilst afternoon sessions will involve more group-work under the guidance of an assistant teacher. Evenings will include time for yoga relaxation self-practice and pranayama.
Yoga Teacher Training Course with Master Teacher Sharat Arora
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum and Schedule
What will I learn?
- Yoga Philosophy including the practical study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yoga Ethics: the moral aspects and responsibilities of being a Yoga Teacher and how these are passed through the Sharat Arora Yoga Method
- Salient features for all the Yoga Asanas: the props and why we take them, how the pose works physically and energetically as well as how to modify for common ailments/body types
- Evolution of all the Yoga Asanas as well as how and what to convey to students of all levels
- How the method integrates meditation and freedom of the breath within each pose
- In-depth practical demonstrations about the use and function of props
- guided corrections classes and opportunities for everyone to practice both correcting and being corrected
- The chance to teach Yoga Asanas to Master Teacher Sharat Arora and the assistant teacher with feedback
- Study of Human Anatomy and Physiology as it applies to the Yoga Asanas and common student ailments
- Sequencing of the both the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre 5-Day courses and special Yoga courses or focused Yoga classes as you might teach away from the HIYC
- How to structure Yoga classes for students of different ages and in different situations such as sports practitioners, office workers, children, the elderly, pregnant women and mothers
- Yoga therapy training: Yoga therapeutics and anatomy of the postures and how and what to teach people of different physical and mental needs
- Body Diagnosis of posture and walk and what this indicates about people’s mental and emotional states
- Watching of videos or live teaching of courses conducted by Master Teacher Sharat Arora to understand how the Yoga method is conveyed, how students and groups are handled and how the practice evolves over 5 days under the Master Teacher’s tutorage. This gives a clear insight into how you can evolve as a teacher and what to expect while handling students with different experience. The assistant teacher will guide you answer questions about the videos and be available to answer any questions that arise
Yoga Teacher Training, Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre
The Yoga Teacher Training Course runs 6 days per week. The 7th day is free and the Yoga Teacher Trainees may leave the Yoga Ashram
*We provide you with two healthy vegetarian meals, including salad and vegetables fresh from our Organic Permaculture farm and as much local produce as possible.
Yoga Teacher Training Classe with Master Teacher Sharat Arora
Program after the Yoga TTC
Yoga Therapy Course
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Longterm Assisting Program
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Himalaya Shanti Ashram
Booking & Deposit
Please click here to read:
Students from India as well as other SAARC countries can avail a 20% early-bird discount on bookings made at least 3 months before the course starts & 10% on later bookings.
Please note that this discount is not applicable to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).