6 - 17 June 2018 and 1 - 12 October 2018 at the Himalaya Shanti Ashram - our Eco Retreat for Yoga, Meditation and Healing
We spend entire lives unaware of our physical body and mind. Being driven by our urges and desires, we do not realize our true nature of inner peace and silence. Listening to our thoughts as if they were ultimate orders; how to feel… how to act… how to live…
Yoga and meditation practice teaches us how to overcome bodily discomforts and constant mind chatter, so we are able to go beyond it and start to experience moments of true silence and peace within. The physical aches and pains of the body are distracting to meditation practice and bad posture disturbs us energetically.
In this course we will teach participants how to sit in a position that is comfortable for long durations and most importantly we provide a yoga practice focusing on the therapeutic aspects, liberating the body from existing tensions. This stabilizes the body and mind to allow you to go beyond it and deepen the practice that leads towards one’s true inner self, transcending both the body and the mind.
In our modern busy life it is not easy to find a quiet place far from all our daily responsibilities and start a subtle yoga and meditation practice. Himalaya Shanti Ashram is a place specially designed for a silent and subtle practice, allowing the practitioners to concentrate fully and leave all the city life behind. The Ashram, surrounded by beautiful nature, with a view on the Himalayan snow peaks and the sound of the continuously flowing mountain river, is an area bringing about quietness and serenity within. With all the facilities needed; a professional yoga and meditation hall, yoga props, meditation cushions, as well as comfortable rooms, it is truly a place to become fully immersed in the experience.
- 5:00 wake up
- 5:30-7:00 meditation (2 sessions of 40 min with 10 min break in between)
- 7:00-8:00 self-practice of inversions; herbal tea
- 8:00-11:00 yoga asana class
- 11:00-11:30 lunch
- 11:30-15:00 rest
- 15:00-16:30 meditation (2 sessions of 40min with 10min break in between)
- 16:30-17:00 herbal tea
- 17:00-18:30 yoga relaxation class
- 18:30-19:00 watching sunset
- 19:00-19:30 dinner
- 19:30-22:00 rest
- 22:00 sleep
Overview: In order to maintain a high standard of learning and participation, the Yoga and Meditation Silent Retreat has specific Prerequisites for Participation and Code of Conduct.
No prior Yoga experience is required.
Please click here to read: Requirements for Participation, Code of Conduct & Terms and Conditions of Payment
Booking and Deposit:
For booking and deposit please click “here” and fill up the booking form and make the online payment using Debit card / Credit card / Internet banking. For more details contact - email@example.com
Note: Indian Cards are not accepted. Indian citizen can do online transfer or deposit check. For more details contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount for Indian and SAARC Citizens: The Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre is happy to offer a special discount on all our courses fees for Indian citizens as well as citizens of other SAARC countries (Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, and Afghanistan). We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible and encourage citizens of the South Asia region to study with us. The details are as follows:
- Students from Himachal Pradesh (born and brought up in HP) receive a 50% discount on all courses fees. To avail discount, use this coupon HIYCHP.
- Students from all other states in India and from other SAARC countries receive a 20% discount on all courses fees. To avail discount, use this coupon HIYCSAARC.
Please note that this discount is not applicable to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). To be eligible to the discount the adhar card with residence proof has to be presented at the Yoga Centre before filling out the registration form.
ACCOMMODATION AT THE HIMALAYA SHANTI ASHRAM :
- Shared room with two single beds and shared common toilet/shower outside ₹ 330 (down) and ₹ 280 (up) per day*
- Shared room with two single beds and attached toilet/shower / ₹ 380 (down) and ₹ 330 (up) per day*
- Single room with shared common toilet/shower outside / ₹ 550 per day
- Single room with swinging bed, and common toilet/shower outside / ₹ 600 per day
- Single room with attached toilet/shower / ₹ 650 per day.
- Single room with attached large toilet/shower (room No. 1) / ₹ 700 per day.
- Extra-large room with attached toilet/shower and kitchenette for 2 persons or family with kids ₹ 2000 (Includes Tax 18%) per day.
* for those sharing a room downstairs is more expensive than upstairs.
For more information about the course and to book your accommodation at the Ashram please write to us at : email@example.com