Listed below are the requirements, with which students have to comply in preparation
for the course. They serve to keep the all courses open to those Yoga students with
a true and genuine interest in personal growth and transformation, and facilitating
others' individual journey.
Completion of at least 3 weeks of training before the intensive course start it,
or of several courses at Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, in consecutive years is an absolutely must.
Daily practice of Sharat's style of
Hatha Yoga is an absolutely indispensable prerequisite.
The Intensive Course, Yoga and Ayurveda which immediately
precedes the upcoming Teachers’ Training Course, is a must for participation in
Every participant should adapt a daily
rhythm according to the Course schedule 3 weeks before it begins. This means moderation
in terms of diet and establishing a sleeping pattern according to the Course schedule
so that adapting to the rhythm of the program is made easier.
Students are strongly encouraged to
rid themselves of any addictions at least a few months prior to the start of the
program, in order to prevent suffering from withdrawal symptoms during the duration
of the Course.
Every participant must arrive at least
one week prior to the start of the program, to adapt to the climate and to prepare
in the ongoing 5-Day Course for the demands of the Intensive Course.
- Pregnant women must inform us of their status before the course commences and speak
with Sharat about any concerns.
- Applicants may be called upon to have a personal meeting with Sharat.
- Every applicant is required to complete and sign a form, stating their agreement
with the Course requirements, Code of Conduct, as well as the terms and conditions
of payment. A photograph of the student will be attached to this form.
Through these requirements we aim to create a situation free of disturbance, which
allows for complete dedication and devotion to the present moment, so that all participants
have the opportunity to imbue their Yoga practice with spiritual depth.
Listed below are the rules and regulations, to which students must commit for the smooth functioning of the
- The Course requires complete dedication, both on the part of the Teacher and on the part of every student. Therefore, it is recommended that students not living on campus, live as close as possible to the Centre in order to minimize opportunities for distraction. In this regard, students should not actively seek external stimuli or participate in activities not connected with Yoga. Prior to the start of the program, students will arrange to obtain everything they may need for the duration of the Course. With respect to reading, students are encouraged to only read material related to Yoga. A small library or book exchange can be created for this purpose.
- Students are expected to devote themselves entirely to the Course, giving undivided attention and presence during class. Complete trust in the teacher and the teaching method are required. In the event the student feels unwell, it is still essential to attend all classes everyday.
- Students are expected to be punctual for all sessions during the duration of the Course.
The environment outside the Centre cannot be controlled. Tolerance of external disturbances, on the part of students, is requested.
The Course requires the student's utmost dedication and openness to his/her own personal growth, which means readiness for change and transformation.
Students should be moderate in terms of the amount of food they eat. Any intake of food apart from the two main meals provided by the Centre is to be strictly avoided; one should be aware that overeating is detrimental to the program and purpose of the Course. It is also recommended that the afternoon break be utilized to rest and that students go to sleep early in the evening, to ensure full presence in class.
During the Course, each participant is required to suspend any personal spiritual practice and to concentrate only and fully on the practice being taught during the Course.
- Positive criticism is welcome, in order to enhance the quality of learning and exploration.
For the smooth functioning of this Course, each participant is required to take on necessary tasks that contribute to the work of the Centre. These tasks - or Karma Yoga - may occupy up to one hour per day.
Each participant is experiencing their own processes as an individual, and should be completely aware of his/her thoughts, speech, and actions. Couples participating in the course may continue to share their accommodation; they should, however, avoid interrupting one another's individual processes. If one partner is not a participant, couples are required to separate during the duration of the Course.
With the exception of tea, no drugs are to be consumed during the Intensive and Teachers Training Course. The term "drug" not only refers to illicit drugs, but to alcohol, cigarettes and other stimulants (such as coffee) as well. Participants are encouraged to drop their habits 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the Course, to avoid experiencing withdrawal symptoms during the program.
A deposit (40% of total amount) is to be paid in order to secure a place in the courses. Students should submit deposits only if they are certain of their ability to comply with the Course requirements, the Code of Conduct, as well as the terms and conditions of payment.
If completion of the required three rounds of 5-Day Course or/and Intensive Course (only for TTC) has not been fulfilled at the time of booking, a place in the TTC can be secured when submitting the deposit, with the understanding that the participant will fulfill this prerequisite.
Full payment is to be submitted 1 week prior to the beginning of the Intensive Course/TTC. It should be understood fully that money, once deposited, is not refundable, except if the participant: Informs us three months prior to the beginning of the Course;
- Becomes seriously sick or injured (a medical certificate is required in this case);
- Has to leave to his/her home country, due to extreme conditions or personal crises
- Has been excluded from participation in the Course, due to not adhering to the requirements, Code of Conduct or the terms and conditions of payment.
Under these circumstances, an amount of USD 25 will be withheld to cover the Centre's administrative expenses. In the event that the participant resigns during the duration of the Course, the refunded amount will only include the cost of the days not participating in the Course.
An administrative fee of USD 25 will also be withheld.
If the applicant resigns dueto other reasons no refund is possible.
Please note and understand that we reserve the right to,
- Undertake short-term changes in the program & structure of the Course
- Make exceptions to the above procedure in individual cases
- Change the price of Courses according to circumstances that are beyond our control
- Exclude people from the Course who do not adhere to the above conditions, and who would therefore be a disturbance.